Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekly Menu Plan


This week I have the Azure order coming in.  Other than that, I don't feel like doing much grocery shopping beyond getting a few basics like milk, yogurt and cheese. 

What I am planning on doing?  Taking a few recipes and doing some Cooking Ahead.  I've always thought that Cooking Ahead or doing Freezer Cooking days wouldn't work for us since we don't eat casseroles and we like a lot of variety in our meals.

BUT, I have been doing some rethinking on the idea.  There are a few meals that the whole family loves that could be made ahead and frozen.  Hmmm.  That would be helpful....

Two weeks ago, I bought 40 lbs of tomatoes, and made close to 20 lbs into Roasted Tomato Marinara sauce.  We ate one batch (I made 6), and froze the other 5 in glass quart jars.  The sauce is amazing over pasta and as a pizza sauce (more like an authentic Italian pizza sauce).

Therefore, I am going to attempt to make extra Turkey Meatballs, Baked Chicken Taquitos, and Pizza Dough to put into the freezer for those nights when I'm just not feelin' it.  Oh yeah, and here's our menu plan for the week  :)

Monday:  Shrimp Fried Rice

Tuesday:  Orzo with Tomato and Fried Tofu

Wednesday:  Turkey meatballs over Roasted Tomato Marinara sauce, pasta, salad

Thursday:  Baked Chicken Taquitos, black beans, salad

Friday:  Homemade pizza - I'm thinking Greek or Pesto Chicken.  Hmmm, decisions...

Saturday:  Fish Tacos


Erika

No comments: