Thursday, January 7, 2010

New to using Coupons?


Here are a few tips to help beginners and those who are interested on how to use coupons.

Tip#1
Start buying the Sunday paper and look for coupon inserts. To save more money get coupon inserts from family or friends or go to the nearest coffee shop and look through the newspaper recycle. It's amazing how many people throw coupons away. Remember Coupons are free money from the manufacturer to help us save more on our groceries and household items.

Coupon Inserts:
Redplum (RP)

SmartSource (SS)

Proctor & Gamble (PG)

G everyday saver (GM General Mills)

Parade

Tip#2
If you live in Oregon you can get the Oregonian Food/Day delivered to you for Free every Tuesday. This has quite a few weekly ads i.e. Albertsons and Safeway in them and about once a month Safeway will release a $10/$50 coupon.

Tip#3
Clip the coupons you know you will use and file them in a binder or an according file. There are so many ways to organize your coupons. You can see an old post on my Coupon Binder here.
With the coupons I don't use I keep them in a basket in chronological date, so I can quickly access them when I need them.

Tip#4
Use Internet coupons in addition to coupons from the Sunday paper.

Here are a few websites:

Pillsbury.com Sign up and get access to print Internet coupons

EatBetterAmerica.com Sign up and get access to print Internet coupons


Tip#5
Load eCoupons onto your club card. eCoupons are Internet coupons that you can add to your Rewards/Club card. When you purchase these items they will come off your receipt.

ecoupons: you will need to register and add your club card to get these savings.


I hope these tips are helpful to you and you are able to get started on saving money on your grocery and household items.

Remember to get the grocery or drugstore ad's first.
Look at the on sale items and match a coupon with the item to get it at the rock bottom price.
Make a Grocery and or Menu Plan list and stick to it and keep a budget.

Christina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Vancouver, WA - Can I get the Oregonian delivered free to my door? If so, how? Or maybe if that doesn't work - would they deliver free to a company. My hubby runs a terminal in Portland - maybe they could deliver there and he could bring it come. THANKS!

Saving 4 My Family said...

You could call the Oregonian and ask them. I believe you can get it delivered but I'm not for sure. Also, you husband could ask one of his co-workers to bring the Food/Day in for you if they don't use it.

HTH,
Christina

Unknown said...

Do you have to subscribe to the Oregonian to get the Food Day free?

Saving 4 My Family said...

Bethany you can get the Oregonian Food/Day for Free. Call the Portland metro number at: 503-221-8240 and have them send it to you. Or try this number: 800-452-1420.
Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Christina