Monday, January 19, 2009

My "New" Coupon Binder

Finally, I splurged and went to Wag's for a New Coupon Binder!! Thanks to Erika's binder for the inspiration. Also, you can see her post here for more details. I do have to say that this was not a cheap purchase. However, it pays off in the end because you save so much on groceries by using coupons & being organized.


You can get this Five Star Mead at Walgreens for $14.99.


These photo inserts are at Office Max. I bought three Photo page inserts (8-1/2 x 11) for $3.79 each. You get 2-4x6 Landscape pockets, & there is 10 in one packet. So, 20 photo inserts to put your coupons in. Also, I got a baseball card photo page insert with 9 pockets on one page of 10. I wouldn't recommend getting it because the pockets are so small.



The Five Mead comes with a five pocket file according to the left & a 3-ring binder.



There is a zip pocket for misc & a pocket for your scissors.


Here is the according file I take with me when I go grocery shopping. You can usually get these at Wag's for $1.99, or super cheap on clearance for $.25, just check the clearance isle!



And just in case you were wondering what the Walgreens Coloring Book IVC (Instant value coupons) looked like, well here it is. I believe these coupons expire in March '09. The Walgreens Coloring book is $.99, and may be available at your local store. Keep these coupons and use them on your purchases. You don't have to cut them out because they are the same as the IVC's in the ESC booklet.



And here is my old filing system. I used photo albums for my coupons and manila folders for dated coupon inserts. I'm definitely not sad to see these go. I don't know exactly how I am going to file my dated coupon inserts yet, but will keep you posted.

Here is the total cost of the binder:

Mead Binder: $14.99-$10 RR at Walgreens
Photo inserts: 3 at $3.79 & 1 at $3.49 at Office Max

Total $29.85
OOP: $19.85

Christina

1 comment:

Susan said...

I so need to fix me a binder. Thanks for showing yours. Right now I have my coupons inserts still intact and in a tote bag. I cut mine as needed but also have several loose ones from trains, etc. I will have to keep my eyes open for a binder that I can use.