Monday, August 3, 2009

July Budget Overview & August Goals

Wow, another month down and I'm only 2 weeks away from my due date with baby #3! If you missed last month's goals, you can go here to review them

July Overview
Goal #1 - I paid all but one mortgage on time. I was totally annoyed that I forgot the one, but I guess that's life...

Goal #2 - I didn't actually meet this one last month, but plan on putting the money into savings this month once one of my husband's houses closes. It will get done!

Goal #3 - We moved Journey into her new room a couple weeks ago, and she loves it. I have a few pictures to hang, but other than that it is done!

Goal #4 - Done! Laundry room and ceiling are painted.

Goal #5 - Done! I met with our accountant (finally!) and got them all the info that they need.

Goal #6 - This one actually changed as we got into the month. I realized that taking on painting our entry way was just way too ambitious for me at this point. We have put the new chandelier and paint on the back burner indefinitely.

As far as the cash envelopes, I did much better this month. Actually, I was totally shocked that I was able to keep the groceries within budget even with us hosting two BBQ's. Our budget was $250 and I spent $245.52 with a 60% savings.

I did decide to keep the alcohol out of the grocery budget, and make a separate one for that. We were also able to stay within the eating out budget and have $50 left over in the household area. Sweet!


August Goals
Hmmm, I think I'm keeping it simple since we will be having a baby this month. The one thing I did want to do is go over our 2009 Financial Goals with my husband, see how we are doing with them, and reevaluate if necessary.

I'm filling our cash envelopes with $250 for groceries (although giving myself slack here!), $250 for eating out and $300 for household.


Erika

No comments: