Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Safeway Shopping

Wheew! I've done more grocery shopping in the last two days than I have in weeks! At least I've snagged some great deals and am stocking my freezer back up. It was getting pretty empty in the meat category.


Today I stopped at three different stores for all these groceries. Grand total for all of it......$53.85!
Not bad since I only used one manufacturers coupon at Safeway. I had planned on buying some Mission corn tortillas and bringing my total lower, but they were out so I substituted with some clearance items.


Safeway
12 bags fishy crackers (yes, stocking up since you only see them at $1 maybe 3x a year)
1 gallon O organic milk
2 Jenny-O ground turkey - reduced to $2 each
1 bottle seasoned rice vinegar - reduced to $2.95
24 pack Frigo string cheese - reduced to $2! (Too bad I didn't have my coupons w/ me to go w/ this great price!)
20 Lucerne yogurt
1 pint half & half
3 Filone french bread
1 Fransisco hoggie rolls
~1 lb. deli ham
1 head lettuce
1 pack Kraft American cheese (free after coupon & DBL!)


Used:
-$10/$50 SFWY coupon
-Franscisco in-ad coupon
-SFWY Kraft super coupon
-$.50 Kraft mfq
-$.50 DBL
Final Total: $40.65!


Fred Meyer
5 Santa Cruiz organic juices
18 eggs

Used:
-5 $.75 juice printables (no longer available)
-Fred Meyer egg in-ad coupon
Final Total: $2.75!


Portland Fruit Co.
apples
cucumbers
red onions
yellow onions
red pepper
tomatoes
celery
lemons
jalapeno pepper
cherries

Final Total: $10.45!


Honestly, I am hoping I can make my grocery money stretch through July (today's purchases came out of July's cash budget since I work Wednesday and we leave Thursday for the beach).

I've needed to stock up on a lot of items plus we have a big BBQ planned for ~20 people this month. Also, my husband hasn't been as strict on his diet and has been drinking beer again. That takes a huge chunk when you are looking at such a limited budget. I used to have a separate alcohol budget each month so I may go back to that again. What do you guys think?


Erika

11 comments:

Lisa said...

where did you get the $10 off $50 safeway coupon?

Saving 4 My Family said...

It's on the back page of the Food Day section in the Oregonian today.

Erika

C and G said...

I saved the santa cruz pdf to my desktop because I figured that I wouldn't be able to find the blog that I got it from later if I wanted to print it another day . .

Kelley said...

C and G...could you post the pdf link for those who read the blog? I tried to get the SC coupon right after it was posted a week or so ago but was still too late.

Anonymous said...

Hey Erika- I've been waiting for this $10 off $50 to stock up too. I'll be going today. Thanks for the tips! Will you be at Bill and Diana's on the 4th? Bev

C and G said...

Hi Kelley -
I saved it as an adobe file so I don't know how to get a pdf link off of that but i'm going to e-mail it to you right now and maybe you can figure out how to post it???

C

Anonymous said...

Beer is to expensive, I would save the money and not get it.

LindaB said...

haha. Just tell him - no beer for you! That's funny. I don't think MY husband would go for that - would your's Erika?
:)

joelle said...

I'd say "Sorry Babes, No Beer for you!" too :-) Yeah, you'd probably just have to budget that like you would anything else!

Saving 4 My Family said...

Bev - no, we won't be there this weekend, we'll be at the beach. It's fishing season and Mark's not doing anything else on his time off. He's obsessed!

Yes, I don't think my husband would go for no beer either, ha ha! I wouldn't either if I wasn't pregnant. I miss it! :) I think we'll have to reinstate our alcohol budget... Especially now that it's summer and we are having a lot of BBQ's and impromptu get-to-gether's at our house.

Erika

Anonymous said...

Bummer- we'll miss you. Hope to see you soon! I'm excited to meet your new baby girl!