Monday, June 22, 2009

Strawberries!

We went strawberry picking today with some friends and had a great time. This was the first time I had been strawberry picking since I was a kid, and I was surprised at how quickly we were able to fill our containers. In all, I brought home 27 lbs., and at $1/lb., not a bad deal! Now I have some serious jam making to do, as well as a few fun stuff like pies...



Check out Frugal Living NW for a link to all the u-pick farms in your area. Here in Oregon, the strawberry season will last another week to 10 days. If you want some berries, don't delay too much longer!



You can check out this post on more info on how to make your own freezer jam. It's super easy, I promise!



Erika

2 comments:

Anna said...

My friend and I went today also. The kids ate their weight in berries and we have freezer jam to last a year! It was a great time. The fruit is delicious at Albeques!

Saving 4 My Family said...

I think I was there too this morning (didn't pay too much attention to the name of the farm). The one in Oregon City? Funny! Enjoy your jam :)

Erika