Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Safeway Deals 5/27 - 6/2





There aren't too many deals that are jumping out at me this week. Also, ignore the annoying spacing issues...


Tyson Breaded Chicken $7.99 BOGO

-2 $1 mfq - $1 DBL = Final Total: $4.99/2


Kraft shredded or chunk cheese 6-8oz $1.99

-$1 IP Here -$.50 DBL = Final Total: $.49

Guerrero corn tortillas $1.69

-$1 IP here -$.50 DBL = Final Total: $.19!!

Eating Right baby carrots $1

Lucerne yogurt 10/$4.50

Avocados Lrg. $1 ea.

O Organics Salad 5oz $2 ea.

Fresh Express Shreds 8oz (great for cole slaw) $1 ea.

Free 1lb Strawberries from Safeway here! w/min $10 produce purchase

Lucerne Butter 16oz $2.49 ea.

California Frozen Pizza $5.99

-$1 IP here & -$.50 DBL

Final price: $4.49 ea.

80% Lean Ground Beef $1.47lb (extreme value pack)


Erika

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nabisco 100 cal packs are 2.50-$1 IP from craft and 50 cent doble= $1 a box.
Also Guerro corn tortillas are 1.69- the $1 IP from there web site and 50 cent double= 19 cents.

Saving 4 My Family said...

Wow, thanks for the deal tips, especially the tortillas! I love corn tortillas and that's definitely a stock up price :)

Erika

Lisa said...

Thanks for the tortilla coupon! Going there this morning.

breeroberts said...

Just wondering... when you do a BOGO deal can you use 2 mfqs? I had a cashier tell me that you couldn't use a coupon on an item you were already getting free. Just wondering what your thoughts were. I really want to coupon with integrity but I don't want to miss out on deals just because I'm playing it safe! Thanks, Bree

Joni said...

Betty Crocker brownies 5/$5.
Buy 2 for $2. Use .50 coupons from 5/10 ss, .50 doubled = .50 each box.

Anonymous said...

Bree, It's true you can't use a mfq coupon on the free item on BOGO deals ... I wanted to know myself when I first started couponing and I happen to read the fine print on the back of my safeway flyer and it states there you can't .... You should check your local safeway flyer to be sure :)

Anonymous said...

I'm new to coupons. I'm curious about the DBL coupons used at Safeway. You say they are Double Store Coupons inside the Safeway ad. I'm in California, I don't see the coupons in my Safeway ad. This week there's three: Cascade for $4.49, Hefty plates for $1.99 and Safeway trash bags for $4.99. Are there different ads in different areas or am I missing something?

Saving 4 My Family said...

Hi Sandra,
look on the 2nd page of the SFWY ad towards the bottom left. There should be a Double SFWY coupon there. You may or may not get this depending on what region you live in. I hope you have it.

Christina

Saving 4 My Family said...

Bree - I've never had a problem using 2 mfq on BOGO items. From what I've read, you are purchasing 2 items. Even if the store decides to run a sale where one is free, they are still being reimbursed by the manufacturer for the coupon value.
There have been some really good coupon rules blogs, I'll try to find a link and post it.

Sandra - you may not have coupon doubles where you live. I know they are not in all areas. If you have them, they would be on the second or third page of the SFWY ad at the bottom.

Erika