Sunday, May 17, 2009

Add More Coupons To Your Safeway Club Card!

Wow, a huge thanks to reader Pam for the heads up about this!

There is a new program that adds e-coupons to your Safeway club card like PGsaver coupons. This one adds select coupons from sites like coupons.com.

Here's the info:

1) Go to shortcuts.com
2) Click on the big, red "Start Now" button...it will pop up another screen where you'll need to enter your personal info. Down in the "add savings cards", select Tom Thumb from the drop-down menu. Enter your Safeway club card # & hit "register".
3) Sign in & start adding coupons to your card!


I used the $2.50 Pedigree Dentastix coupon WITH the IP $2.50 coupon & I got $2.50 OVERAGE!! No beeps. The "shortcuts" coupon shows on your receipt right under the product you purchased & says "ecoupon"! Noticed there are $1.50 Huggies "shortcuts" coupon to pair with the $3 mfg from today's inserts for the Natural Care diapers!

Thanks again, Pam! I will be trying it out myself tomorrow since I have a couple $10 LW cats that expire on Tuesday.

Erika

11 comments:

joelle said...

Did this work for your Erika? I tried this today and the ecoupon discount didn't come off. I haven't had luck with the ecoupons.

Joelle

Frugal Living Online said...

I checked my Safeway, and they are not carrying the Huggies Pure & Natural diapers yet.

Any other Safeway's have these yet?

Heather said...

They don't have them at the safeway on Mcloughlin either. :( Also, I tried using this and a mq on Duracell batteries, and the ecoupon amount didn't come off...

Saving 4 My Family said...

Hmmm, I wonder if it takes a day or two to add to your card?
Pam, if you read this, do you have any ideas?

Erika

Heather said...

I loaded mine today and used the ecoupon within 2 hours of loading and it came off just fine I used the $2.50 Pedigree Dentastix plus the $2.50 IP and not problem with both

Saving 4 My Family said...

Thanks for all your comments. Weird that the dentastix one came off but not the others...

Let us know if any of you find that other ones work for you.

Erika

joelle said...

So, you just load them onto your card and then they are supposed to automatically come off when you swipe your Safeway card? I don't understand why it didn't come off for me. I wonder if the stores registers have to be programmed or something to recognize the ecoupon? Like I said, I have NEVER had any luck with any of the ecoupons coming off. I've never asked about it though, because I am sure the CS or cashier will have NO clue about it.

Pam said...

That is strange about the ecoupons. I loaded mine on Friday & went on Saturday when I got the Dentastix to work.

Crazy things is, I went yesterday & bought a 2 ($.70 ea) Yoplait yogurts for fillers & the $.40 ecoupon came off. It's supposed to be $.40/6! CRAZY!

Sorry some of you are having problems. Since it worked for me, I just figured it would for everyone.

Joni said...

I used shortcuts.com for the Savorings Flaky Pastry Bites (Pillsbury I think), I loaded the coupon about 30 minutes before I got to the store. It showed up on my receipt just like you said, right under the product and it said ecoupon. Fabulous!
I also used the ecoupon from P&G from Safeway.com for any Dawn dishwashing liquid. I bought the small bottle for $1.99. The e-coupon was for .50 off; I could also use the .50 coupon from the 5/10 paper and get a .50 double. So I paid .49 for it.
The e-coupon actually enables you to use 2 manufacturers coupons (one an ecoupon and one you hand to the clerk, either IP or from the paper).
Does that make sense? I hope I explained that o.k.

Joni said...

oh, and Shortcuts.com also sent me an e-mail letting me know how much I saved using their coupon (.50) and what other coupons I had loaded but not used.

Sonya D said...

I was so excited to try this but the Huggies shortcuts.com coupon didn't show up on my purchase! Oh well, I don't know what may have gone wrong. any ideas?