Sunday, April 19, 2009

Living Well Promo Thoughts


I just did my second Living Well promo transaction and the $10 cat actually printed! I know a lot of people have been having problems with the $10 cat not printing, and I am thinking that it may be because we have been using Safeway coupons (like the $1 Bright Green coupon in store or online) to bring the total down below $30. I think that the total must be $30 after all Safeway club card discounts and super coupons (including the IP ones that say "safeway" on top). You can bring the total down only by using manufacturer coupons or other cats. I'll be confirming this by calling the Catalina corp. tomorrow, but once I brought my total up to $30 after all SFWY coupons and discounts, the cat printed just fine for me.



I'm too tired tonight to post a pic of what I got, but I'll give you the run down...


2 Electrosol $7.98
2 Capri Sun $3.98
1 Bright Green Kleenex $1.49 used -$1 SFWY coupon
1/2 gal. O Organic milk $2.99 used -$.50 SFWY coupon
1 bag Starbucks coffee $8.99 used -$2 SFWY coupon
2 Yoplus yogurts $5
2 Kraft mac & cheese $1.28
1 Costco non-stick spray $2.99

Total after deducting SFWY coupons $31.20 ( I wanted to be sure I was over $3o!)

Used:
- 2 $1.50 Yoplait IP
- 2 $1 Capri sun mfq
- 2 $2.50 Electrosol mfq
- $10 from last LW transaction (they gave it to me in cash since the cat didn't print)

Total $11.20 and got back $1.50 Starbucks cat and $10 LW cat


~Bummer, I just realized that the cashier forgot to give me the $2 double...


Erika

6 comments:

joelle said...

Hey Erika,

FYI: I did a Living well deal in Spokane the other day and used the Safeway with manf coupons and my cat printed just fine. My total was about $15 after all my coupons. Before coupons it was like $30.20 and my cat printed just fine and I had used like 4 Safeway coupons.

PS - I was in your neck of the woods this weeked for the Beth Moore Conference. :-)

Joelle

Kristin said...

Thanks for the rundown! I was wondering if the Starbucks CATS are still printing....Are the Safeway LW CATS rolling? Thanks!

Saving 4 My Family said...

Joelle, thanks for the comment. Maybe my store's cat machine was just down...who knows sometimes!

Kristin, the LW cats are rolling :)

Erika

Anonymous said...

On Sunday I did my first LW transaction. My total was for sure below 30 after safeway coupons (Used $1 bright green for paper and another printed for safeway.com, the sunchips and the caprisun). However the catalina printed fine.

Unknown said...

I just read on HCW that starting 4/22 the starbucks cat will be $2 instead of $1.50

Saving 4 My Family said...

Thanks Laurie! I hope that's true!
I didn't get a $1.50 Starbucks cat when I bought some yesterday, although my $10 LW cat did print. I thought it was going until 4/21 so I'm not sure what the deal is on that.

Erika