Sunday, January 25, 2009

Shopping

I finally pushed myself out the door on Friday and Saturday to do some shopping. Brace yourselves, I went to quite a few places! Of course, now I'm paying for it, I feel pretty sick today.
Sorry about the first picture being so small. I don't know why one is small and the others are normal??

Albertsons
1 2 liter Cherry 7-Up
8 bags Fishy crackers $1.50 each
1 dozen Albies eggs $1.29
1 large Albies cottage cheese $3.29


Used:
- Free 7-up coupon
- 4 $1/2 fishy cracker peelies
- $2 SFWY double
Total $10.83


Safeway
1 Sunday newspaper
1 gallon Horizon organic milk
5 boxes Quaker granola bars
1 bag Eating Right baby carrots
4lbs. SFWY frozen chicken breasts
1 pt. whipping cream


Used:
- 2 $1/2 Quaker mfq
- $.50 Eating Right IP
- $1 SFWY chicken IP
- 3 $.75 milk mark-down stickers
- $1 SFWY double (the IP didn't double so no free carrots, although still a great deal)
Total $17.57 on a gift card I got from transferring a prescription



Rite Aid
1 Oral-B electric toothbrush
1 Safeway newspaper
2 pack GE light bulbs (FAR)


Used:
- $5/$25 coupon
- $5 gift certificate from last month's "gift of savings" promo
Total $16.99 - paid with prior month's rebate money, so nothing out of pocket and will get $2 back in the form of a rebate







Tin Seing Asian Market
7 cans coconut milk $.69 each!
3 limes 3/$1
5 heads garlic $.39!
bean sprouts $.29/lb
1 bag of 5 spice powder $1.19
1 bag seseame seeds $.79
1 package tofu $1.19
1 jar chili paste $2.19
1 bag Asian cookies $1.79
1 package seafood & veggie stuffed buns (yum!) $2.49
1 bunch green onions $.59
Total $16.79


Portland Fruit Market
mushrooms
ginger
1 head lettuce
roma tomatoes
Total $5.37






Franz Bread Store
4 loaves whole wheat bread
1 loaf sourdough bread
1 loaf raisin bread
1 loaf cinnamon swirl bread
1 bag bagels
1 jar raspberry jam
Total $11.63


So basically, the only place I didn't go was Walgreens this week. I'm going to try to make it there next week because I haven't purchased the FAR items yet for this month, and I'm pretty sure it's the last week for that. Plus, cheap toilet paper and garbage bags are always good to stock up on!

Also, if you've never been to an Asian market and cook Asian foods, I highly recommend that you check one out. This was the first time I took the kids with me, and they loved it. There was a huge tank of live crabs and lobsters that they were facinated with. I like to spend time just walking the isles checking out all the different things they have for sale. Plus, they have great prices.

Erika

2 comments:

Anna said...

I am going to have to suck it up and expand my comfort zone to the Asian market. Those items are twice as much at the grocery store! Hope you're recovering from scouting these great deals!

Saving 4 My Family said...

If you go, check out the prices on the lobster. At the one I went to, they had frozen lobster tails for $3.99/lb!! I'm going back next month when I have more $ in my budget to get some!

Erika