Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Savings


I stopped in at the Portland Fruit Market to check out their fruit and veggie prices before I went to Safeway. I am so glad I did. They have great prices on fruits and veggies as well as spices and random snack foods.


Portland Fruit Market

9 red peppers - 3/$1

1 bunch celery - $.50

2.74 lbs. organic bananas - 3lbs/$1

2.25 lbs. fuji apples - $.89/lb.

Curry powder - $1.25

1 bag banana chips - $.79

~2lbs. sweet potatoes - it was supposed to be $.79/lb., but now that I am looking at my receipt, they didn't weigh it out and just charged me $.79

Total =$9.24


Safeway

1 bottle wine - $5.54

4 boxes Triscuits - $1.88 each - used 2 $1/2 IP

2 newspapers - $4

-$10 cat from "home for holidays" promo

-$2 doubler (should have been $1, but cashier doubled the full amount of my coupons)

Total =$3.06
Erika

2 comments:

Saving 4 My Family said...

Erika good job on your deals! where did u get the $1/2 Triscut MQ? I tried to print it from the Nabisco website but didn't work. I sent an email to them so hopefully I will get a coupon in the mail.

I love the Portland Fruit Market and went and got the Peppers, grapes ($1.29lb), and tom's on the vine ($.99lb)and the curry powder. Thanks for telling me about it!

You will definitely be WAY under budget this month :-)

Christina

Erika said...

I couldn't get the Triscuit IP to work at first, but I tried another computer and it finally worked.