Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bob's Red Mill - September Specials Updated

Edit:  The September Special is 20% off all items (from bulk to small packages) listed in their September Specials flier NOT all bulk products.  The items included in the 20% sale are below.  Sorry for any confusion this has caused!

Since taking our family Organic, I've had to figure out how to do so while on a budget.  Bob's Red Mill has been a great local resource that I have since discovered.

I love that they are local, the quality is outstanding, and especially that all their products, organic or not, are GMO free.  I now exclusively buy yeast (8oz. bag for $4.09) and organic, unbleached white flour (25lb bag for $24.65) from them (almost half the price of Azure for white flour).

I stopped in at Bob's Red Mill this week and noticed that their September Special is 20% off all products on special.  That's 20% off everything from their bulk bins to the 25 or 50 lb. bags of flour!  Awesome.

Products on special:
  • Hulled Hemp Seed
  • Whole Wheat Flour
  • Brown Sesame Seeds
  • Whole Grains and Beans Soup Mix
  • Bountiful Black Bean Soup Mix
  • Unbleached White Flour
  • Instant Oats
  • Oat Bran and Nuts Cookie Mix
  • GF Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
  • Raisin Bran Muffin Mix

If you stop in, make sure and check out the discount rack in the back of the store.  I was able to score 3 loaves of organic bread for $1 each!


Erika

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So timely is your post. I have been slowly going organic and the annoying buzzword "sustainable" but I have definitely looking more for local foods and the more organic I can get the better. Lately I have even wanted to try baking and making things more from scratch. With that said, I have been wondering about the quality and freshness of flour.
In your experience, how fresh is the stuff in the bulk bins?

Saving 4 My Family said...

In my experience, it has been very fresh. The bulk bins aren't too huge so I think they get changed out quite often.

Erika