Friday, September 17, 2010

Back on Track - Part 2


Marriage

Marriage?  Really?

Okay, so you might be wondering why I would start the series off with Marriage when our focus is saving money and living a Natural and Organic lifestyle.

Here's the deal.  If you are married, I believe this is one of the most important places to focus on, and it is so easy to get off track.  All the money saved and all the ways you have found to be creative mean nothing if your marriage and family are off track.

I am not a marriage expert by any means, but here is a little of my story and what I've learned.

My husband and I were high school sweethearts.  Two months after we graduated high school, we sat my parents down and told them we were getting married the next summer.  At the time, they weren't too happy (now that I'm at this point in my life, I can see why!), but a month or two later, they were excited and on board with the idea.

We were young and in love and figured, "why wait when we are going to get married anyway?"  So we did at the ripe age of 19.  We spent the first few years of our marriage with my husband starting his business while I went through Dental Hygiene school.  We bought our first house, and did a lot of growing up together. 

Around four years in, we started thinking about starting a family.  We had moved on to our second house, and I had been working full time for a year by then.  Aspen was born just two months shy of our 5 year anniversary. 

Little did I know that events that happened around that time would change me and our marriage forever....To be continued next week.


Erika

1 comment:

bree said...

Thanks for sharing, Erika. Can't wait to read more :).