Monday, August 30, 2010

Make It Yourself Monday!

(picture from Taste of Home)

I haven't posted a "Make It Yourself Monday" in awhile, but I do have an easy Cheddar Drop Biscuit recipe from the Albertina's Exceptional Recipes cookbook. I got this cookbook from my Mother-in-law and the recipes in the book are fairly easy and tasty. I know it's not a Summer Biscuit, but it's light, slightly crunchy on the outside, and soft in the inside with cheese. It goes with anything from Steak, to Chicken, Pasta, or Salad dishes.

Cheddar Drop Biscuits from: Albertina's Exceptional Recipes (local)
Makes 10-12 medium biscuits

1 C. Sifted Flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 Tbl. cold butter, cut into bits
1 1/2 C. Grated Cheddar Cheese (the best part!)
1/2 C. Milk (or Buttermilk, whatever you have.)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Sift together first 3 ingredients. Add bits of butter and cheese to flour mixture. You could use a food processor but I just use a large Serving spoon. Stir in milk to form a soft sticky dough. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.

Bake 12-15 minutes or until pale golden brown. It's that Simple and they taste GREAT!!

Christina

No comments: