Friday, July 9, 2010

Organic & Natural Living!


I didn't get a chance to post an Organic & Natural Living Thursday post yesterday, but I did come across this great recipe for an all Natural Weed Killer, thanks to Mission Organic Made Easy (The Organic Center, a great website BTW).


Natural Weed Killer
1 cup vinegar
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup dish soap


Mix together and place in a spray bottle. Spray directly onto plant base and leaves. You should see a noticeable difference in just a few days.

Or you can boil water and pour scalding HOT water on your weeds, but be careful when doing it.

**I can vouch for vinegar being a natural weed killer. I used just straight vinegar (you can get a gallon of it at the Dollar Store) in a spray bottle, and my weeds started dying within a couple hours. For the stubborn ones, you may need another application or two. This would also be a great "summer chore" for your kids. It's one of Aspen's new jobs around here! Erika

Christina

No comments: