Monday, July 12, 2010

Make It Yourself Monday




One of our favorite breakfast's during the week are PANCAKES!! I especially love Buttermilk Pancakes. Basically, I would hug BUTTERMILK if I could. It is a staple to most of my baking ingredients and makes everything so moist.




(recipe from Burygold, found at Allrecipes, w/a few modifications)
1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
1 TBL. & 1 1/2 tsp. White sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 C. Buttermilk
1/4 C. Milk
2 Eggs
2 1/2 TBL. Butter (melted, slightly cooled)


Mix all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Then mix all wet ingredients together in another bowl. Mix all ingredients together when your ready to cook these delicious pancakes!


Do you have a favorite pancake recipe you would like to tell us about? Leave a comment and link if you have one. I'm always looking for new recipes to try with the fam.


Christina

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

The recipe i use is very similar! I was so excited when I discovered how easy and quick it is to whip up homemade pancakes. Never again will I buy the boxed mixes (bisquick, krusteaz), have you seen some of the ingredients in those? Gross! :)