Yet, Another Reason to Buy Organic Produce!
Did you watch the news Monday morning on 5/18th? Rarely do I get to when I'm up with the girls but Monday I did. A new study suggest a link between ADHD in children to pesticides from fruit & vegetables. Wow, this is alarming but not surprising WHY we should buy Organic.
"Children exposed to higher levels of a type of pesticide found in trace amounts on commercially grown fruit and vegetables are more likely to have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder than children with less exposure, a nationwide study suggests."
You can read more about it Here from CNN re: ADHD link to pesticides.
How do I save Money $$ When Buying Organic Fruits & Veggies?
1. Buy Seasonal.
2. Buy them when there on sale.
3. Freeze fruits & Veggies & use them for smoothies, stir-fry's, and meals.
4. Farmer's Markets: Go HERE to see a list of Farmers Markets in your area.
5. Go to Local Farms: Pick up the Tri-County Farm Fresh Produce Guide found at New Seasons at the Customer Service desk to get the names of Farms, locations, hours, and what produce you can pick.
6. Start your own Vegetable & Fruit Garden. It's fun to start your own Garden with your family. You and your kids learn so much about taking care of plants and you yield a great harvest to enjoy! We are doing this again and made a much bigger veggie garden this year & plan to make 2 more garden beds. (Also, Check out Organic Authority's 7-Easy Steps to Get Your Organic Garden Started!)