Wednesday, May 5, 2010

As if we needed another reason to love Trader Joe's...

I don't know anyone who doesn't love shopping at Trader Joe's. Great prices on healthy, natural and organic foods, a large selection of ethnic sauces and prepared foods, plus the employees are all super friendly and helpful.

One of the main reasons I've been wanting to take our family more organic is the prevalence of genetically modified foods. The more I learn about them, the more they sorta freak me out. Anyways, I decided to ask the Trader Joe's employees whether their products contained GMO's. Guess what? They don't! I was told by more than one employee that any product carrying the Trader Joe's label is GMO free!


So now I can rest easy knowing that if I'm not able to afford certain organic products (like mayo!), buying their brand does guarantee they are free of GMO's. Also, for those of you who don't already know this, they do take manufacturers coupons.


Erika

4 comments:

C and G said...

that is really great! thanks for asking! it's great to know that they accept coupons too!

Alice said...

Awesome! I've been wondering about that!

Lisa said...

The closest one is 30 minutes away, but I've been wanting to go! I also heard that all their stores accept EBT cards.

Unknown said...

Their stores do take EBT cards. I did not know they took manu. coupons - that's great info because some of their stuff is everyday lower priced - so with a coupon even better!
I love Trader Joe's!