Monday, April 19, 2010

Make It Yourself Monday


DETANGLING SPRAY



I WISH I could find a picture of Aspen's crazy morning hair for this post. From about 3 to 5 years old, Aspen had close to shoulder length hair. Unfortunately, the pictures are buried somewhere in our computer photo archives.

So you'll have to take my word for it that his hair was far worse than this every morning. It was more like a fan shaped rat's nest. An Afro puff. Sometimes there would be the start of dreads in there. It was bad.

Because of that, I had to use detangling spray (and a lot of it!) every day to comb his hair out. One day, when I was out of spray and had forgotten to buy more, I decided to try making my own.

Here's how you can too:
  • Fill a spray bottle with hot water
  • Add a long squirt of hair conditioner
  • Shake it up. You'll know you've put enough conditioner in when the spray is slippery (sorry about the visual!).


I've used that simple solution for years now. Hopefully it will work for you too!

Erika

No comments: