Monday, March 29, 2010

Make It Yourself Monday

Make Your Own Cookie Mix

Back in the days before I coupon shopped I never bought premade cookie mixes.

It seemed like a waste when it was so easy to make. Enter couponing and I soon found out I could often get them for free.

This is one of the things I've determined not to buy again, even if they are free or better than free. There are way too many ingredients I can't pronounce! Since I like the convenience of a mix, I decided to make my own. It literally took me less than 10 minutes from start to finish including clean up!

Just take your favorite cookie recipe (I made up Oatmeal Chocolate Chip) and package all the dry ingredients together. Label the package with the wet ingredients that need to be added, temp and time. Viola! You're mix is complete :)

Here's the recipe, if your interested.

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Add these ingredients together and store in a bag or tupperware:

  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 2 cups oatmeal

When you're ready to make the cookies, add:

  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla

Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.


Erika

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, I may just try that.

kate said...

can you post your recipe?

Saving 4 My Family said...

Kate -
Sure, I'll add it to the post.

Erika