Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekly Menu Plan & Pregnancy Update

I'm hoping this menu plan won't happen and I'll be in the hospital having the baby this week (I'm due on Tuesday), but just in case I'm late again, I'm making a menu plan for the week. Plus, I'm trying to keep myself busy! These last couple weeks are absolute torture just waiting...


Monday: Fresh salmon ceviche & pinto beans in tortillas, corn on the cob

Tuesday: Husband's birthday - Mother-in-law making us dinner

Wednesday: Gardenburgers, homemade french fries

Thursday: Chicken, cabbage & top ramen salad, balsamic vinegar feta dressing over fresh tomatoes

Friday: Spicy Indian Chicken & Mango Curry, rice & salad


As for a pregnancy update, there isn't much to report other than my midwife thinks this baby is going to be big. They estimated her weight at 8.5 - 9 lbs. about a week and a half ago! I'm trying not to freak out about how big she will be, but it's been hard. I'm walking, going to acupuncture and doing pretty much everything else I can to get labor started.

My midwife will not induce until I'm a week and a half late so I'm stuck just waiting...and praying she isn't as big as they were thinking!

Erika

6 comments:

Rebecca Rose said...

Good luck getting labor started and at not having TOO huge of a baby!

Melissa said...

Oh goodness, I hope they are wrong about the size of your baby too. I hope she doesn't hold out too much longer for your sake. I hope you have a quick & easy birth process. :-)

C and G said...

Thanks for all you do on this site!

Wow, you're still posting and you're due in 2 days - amazing!

Hope that your birthing experience is fantastic, beautiful and unique this time around!

Anonymous said...

Wow - your due date is on your hubby's bday - that's awesome! My youngest was due around the same time as my husbands bday - she ended up being a little early and was born right in the middle of my bday and his bday (yes, all 3 birthday's fall within 12 days of eachother - then my son is almost exactly 6 months from us) Good luck with everything - hopefully you'll have her this week!!!
-Linda

Lisa said...

Good luck with the baby...can't wait to hear what name you pick!

I used my albies doubles today..in case anyone is looking of good ways to use them:
buy 4 honey bunches of oats, doubled 2 $1.00 coupons = 2.00, but I used the $2.00 survey coupons and got them for FREE

Juicy Juice 8 pks are 2.50...I doubled a .75 coupon and got them for .50 each.

Skinimates shaving cream is 2.50 and I doubled a 1.00 coupon and paid .50 each.

When I make a quick run to the store just to use doubles...I also like to return my pop cans at that time because then they extra change makes my total oop -0-!

Pam said...

Good luck, Erika! Hope she comes soon & isn't TOO big! I had an u/s at 38wks with my 2nd because I was measuring ahead. They estimated her at 9lbs plus or minus a lb on that u/s! We tried inducing at 39wks, but ended up doing a c-section instead. She was born weighing 8lbs 9oz...much better than what I thought she was going to weigh! :)