Friday, August 14, 2009

81% Savings at Safeway!


I haven't had many great shopping trips at Safeway lately, so I was excited with how this one turned out. Other than the fruit snacks, these are all items I like to have on hand and are relatively healthy!

4 Nature Valley granola bars
4 Betty Crocker Bug fruit snacks
4 corn
1 Yoplus yogurt ($2.50 w/ $.75 markdown sticker)
2 Yoplus light yogurt ($2.25 each because they are a new flavor and both had $2.25 in markdown stickers on them - so free!)
1 Kraft Mac & Cheese
1 Welches grape juice
1 Nature Valley granola nut cluster
~1 lb. beef stew meat w/ 30% off sticker

Used:
-SFWY granola bars super coupon
-SFWY fruit snacks super coupon
-SFWY mac & cheese super coupon
-SFWY grape juice super coupon
-$1.19 30% meat sticker
-4 $.40 NV printables
-4 $.40 BC Bug fruit snack printables
-$1 Yoplus printable
-$1 NV nut clusters mfq
-$3.70 in shortcuts & cellfire e-coupons
-$2 DBL
-$.28 MDA donation
Final Total: $10.00 & got back a $2.50 cat for the fruit snacks and a $2.50 cat for the granola bars!


Hmmm, now that I'm going through this I just realized they forgot to scan the $1 Welches coupon.

Also, the dark chocolate & pomogranate variety of granola bars are included in the sale. Had I have known that, I would have used $.50 coupons instead of $.40 ones, upping my savings percentage a little more. But an 81% savings without including the $5 in cats and the coupon they missed is pretty great!


Erika

3 comments:

Saving 4 My Family said...

Erika you did awesome! that's cool that you got out today and did some coupon shopping. BTW, I was able to print a ton of IP's while I'm here at Bill & Diana's so I am ready for some good deals!

Hopefully you are feeling well? The Yo-Plus Lights are on sale at Albies on 224 for $1.50. I haven't tried those yet but I'm sure they are just as good as the Yo-Plus.

Christina :)

Melissa said...

That is great that you were able to get both cats for the granola bars & fruit snacks. I was worried they might be the same promo. I can't wait to go this weekend. Also thanks for the heads up about the new variety of granola bars being included too! :-)

Anonymous said...

Don't try this at the Sandy location. If your total drops below $20 due to manufacture coupons, they won't take the store coupons because you haven't spent $20. Per the manager!