Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Little More Shopping...


I did one more Safeway run yesterday on my lunch. Now you know why I'm worried about keeping the groceries within budget this month!

My problem is that #1 - I have restocked my envelopes for the month and #2 - when there is a $10/$50 coupon, I want to take full advantage of it while I can. Plus, we needed beer for the weekend.

Here's the breakdown -

12 pk. Corona light beer
2 Lays potato chips
2 Nalley pickles
4 SFWY Select salsa
4 Rosarita refried beans
2 Tillamook cheese
16 ct. Bar S sausages
1 Kraft cheese (free after coupons!)
1 SFWY hot dog buns

Used:
-$10/$50 SFWY coupon
-SFWY Kraft super coupon
-SFWY Bar S super coupon
-SFWY Lays super coupon
-$.50 Kraft mfq
-2 $1 Nalley mfq
-$.50 Tillamook cheese peelie
-2 $.50/2 Rosarita mfq
-$2 DBL
Final Price: $32.80 for a 60% savings!

I was pretty happy with this considering the beer was $13.99, almost half of what I paid for everything.

Oh, and FYI - now is the time to stock up on pickles and salsa. I've found that the best sales are in the summer time. I was able to stock up enough to last us a whole year last summer. In fact, I was down to my last jars of pickles and salsa before this shopping trip!


Erika

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you get them to allow you to use your $10.00 off $50.00 coupon? They ALWAYS want to scan it after EVERYTHING! So that means your total OOP could never be below $40.00? What is your trick??? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I second what anonymous said about using the $10 off $50 coupon. Also, it looks like you were able to count the Corona as part of your $50. Is that correct? I am always told no beer, grocery only. Thanks.

Saving 4 My Family said...

From what I've found, it seems like it varies between stores and certain cashiers on whether they will let you go below the $40 mark.

When I've been questioned about it, I always point out (politely!) on the coupon that it clearly states that the total must be after club card and safeway coupons, NOT mfq. Although I've seen a few that did include mfq and I make sure that my total is above $40 in that case.

As for the beer, I didn't really think about that, and have never had any cashiers tell me I can't include it.

HTH!
Erika