Saturday, June 6, 2009

Safeway Shopping


The $10/$50 coupon came out at just the right time for me to stock up on diapers and toilet paper (didn't buy any TP today, but am planning on doing one more transaction) plus other items I've been getting low on like zip lock bags, sugar, cheese, crab, etc.

This was also my first transaction of the Mix & Match promo. The starred items are apart of the promo.

*3 Trans-Ocean crab
*2 Joint Juice
*2 C&H sugar
*3 Hefty One Zip
1 box Huggies
1 3lb. bag Fresh Express salad
1 Breyer's ice cream
1 Baked Lays potato chips
4 Athenos feta cheese
1 newspaper
2 tomatoes

Used:
-$10/$50 SFWY coupon
-$5 Mix & Match instantly
-SFWY Huggies super coupon
-SFWY salad super coupon
-SFWY Breyers super coupon
-3 $1 crab here
-2 $1 Joint Juice mfq
-2 $.35 sugar mfq
-3 $.20 Hefty peelies
-$1.50 Huggies mfq
-$1.50 Huggies shortcuts.com e-coupon
-$1 Breyers mfq
-$1 potato chips IP
-4 $1 feta IP's
-$2 DBL

Final Total: $32.16 for a 66% savings!

I had also been expecting a $3 cellfire e-coupon to come off, but it didn't. When I got home and looked at the fine print on the cellfire coupon, I realized that it was $3/2 any size Huggies. Moral of the story, read the coupons before you shop! :)

Erika

6 comments:

joles family said...

Where did you get the $10/$50 coupon? I need to get me one of those! Thanks for your blog. I got it off a friends blog and watch it from Chicago, IL. We have Dominicks (which is exactly the same as Safeway, except they don't double.)

Saving 4 My Family said...

Thanks! The $10/$50 coupon came out in our local paper this week. Lately, they have been releasing them the first Tuesday of the month.

Erika

Anonymous said...

They will not let me use the $10.00/$50.00 until AFTER ALL my coupons, so the lowest I could spend is $40.00. How do you get them to do this???

Saving 4 My Family said...

I have found that it depends on the store and cashier. I have had cashiers say no and I politely point out that in the coupon small print it specifies after all SFWY club card discounts and super coupons. It doesn't say mfq.

I have also heard of people carrying around a copy of the $10/$50 coupon that does state that it must be after mfq so that they can show the cashier the difference (sometimes they say that).

HTH! I know it sucks when you never know how the transaction will go.

Erika

Kelley said...

I purchased two big boxes of huggies and used SFWY for 1.00, mfg of 1.50, the shortcuts coupon of 1.50 and the cellfire of 3.00 plus double the mfg for .50and then 10/$50 = 42.48. THEN I also purchased 2 bags of wacky mac for .99 ea with 2 mfg for .75 and1.00 of doubles which gave me a .52 overage for a grand Total of 41.96 which is 20.98ea BIG box of Huggies. That is .166 per diaper; Costco is .21 per diaper! Thanks for the coupon info.
Also in the Entertainment book within the first 5 pages there are $5off/$50 purchase. I used mine yesterday on a different trans. along with a second 10/50 and made another steel on diapers.

Saving 4 My Family said...

WTG Kelley! That's an awesome deal on diapers and it's good to know that the shortcuts and cellfire coupons work together.
Thanks for leaving the comment!

Erika