Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pregnancy Update - 32 weeks

This is a picture from last week. We celebrated our 10 year anniversary and my sweety surprised me with flowers! Beautiful aren't they? It's amazing how fast ten years goes by. We've had so many great times and made so many great memories together.


Well thankfully, there is not much to update on the pregnancy front except that I'm getting big and have reached the awful swelling and uncomfortable part. My energy levels have also taken a real dive in the last couple weeks, and I am still trying to adjust to that. I'm used to being busy and on the go all the time and it's been very difficult to realize that I just can't do, go and get all the things done that I normally do (my husband was quite upset with me for taking on the nine batches of freezer jam this week!).


The baby is active and healthy. We haven't decided for sure on a name yet, but we do have a top three list which we may take with us to the delivery room. I'll leave that for the announcement though :)


Aspen and Journey are very excited for their new baby sister. Journey likes to sit next to me and feel the baby move, and Aspen has informed me that I won't need to do anything once the baby is here. Although, when I asked him about diapers, he decided that that was going to be something I would do :)

On a side note, Aspen decided he wanted to cut his hair!!!

Eight weeks seems like a long time still (ugg, I'm going to be huge!), but each month seems to be flying by and I know July will be no different. Especially with the 4th of July weekend that will be spent away with family and the following week helping out with our church's VBS program. I also have some projects around the house to finish and some baking I want to do before the baby gets here.


I know many people make up meals to freeze before they have their baby, but that is something I tried with Journey and for us it didn't work. We just don't eat casserole type dishes that you could make ahead. I've decided that something we would use is muffins and scones (breakfast and snacks) so I'll be working on putting extra in the freezer next month.


I hope all of you who are also pregnant are doing well and enjoying it as much as possible :)

7 comments:

Sarah Kay said...

I too am 32 weeks preggo, so I have enjoyed your stories! I live in Las Vegas and the heat has been over 102 every day. It only gets down to around 79 I think, so I think my house has been the coolest part of the city for the last couple of weeks. :) BTW, you look gorgeous!!

The life of Jayne said...

That is a great idea on the muffins and stuff...something that is quick and easy to eat.

Pam said...

You look GREAT, Erika! I was always HUGE when I was pg! Congrats on your 10 year anniversary. Journey & Aspen are too cute! Is that your new puppy?? Love Aspen's new haircut. It looks really handsome on him. What a great idea to do easy breakfast/snacky items. We don't eat casserole-type meals either.

Anonymous said...

You certainly have that "pregnant glow" - so beautiful! Thanks for your website. I am new to the NW (live in Vancouver, Wa) and I am addicted to your site (check it several times a day for new deals!)

Saving 4 My Family said...

Sarah Kay - I can't imagine that kind of heat right now! Thank God for AC :) Have you found out what you are having? Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!

Pam - No it's not our puppy. We all went together to get my dad a puppy for Father's Day. It' so cute, but I'm not crazy enough to take on a new puppy and baby at the same time :)

I was quite sad when Aspen decided to cut his hair, but he had a friend tell him that it looks like a girl's hair. What can I say to that? :) He loves the new cut, and that's what matters most.

Erika

addie said...

Reflexology can really help wit the complications of pregnancy... The sweeling, constipation, heartburn, kidney/bladder issues... etc. I used it for both of my pregnancies and it worked so well that I became a reflexologist. I work out of Castle Rock WA...

I wish you the best 8 weeks... take in every moment of your pregnancy... it is so amazing....such a miracle....

Addie 360(431-4281)

Sarah Kay said...

We are having our third girl...in three years! I will have my hands busy, but I am glad I already have girl stuff (and lots of it). We are all set. And you're right - PTL for A/C!!