Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Safeway Shopping

After looking over the ad for this coming week, I decided to just go shopping today and use the $10/$50 and my $10 LW cats that I had left over. My husband has been complaining about not having anything to eat on his diet, so that's what I focused on today...

Safeway
1 pt. half & half
1 gal. O Organic milk
1/2 gal. Florida OJ (-2 $.75 reduced stickers)
1 package Sargento provalone cheese
1/2 gal. Tillamook ice cream
2 John Morell Polish sausage
2 Foster Farms marinated turkey tenderloins (30% off)
1 lb. deli ham
1 lb. deli turkey
~1 lb. Flank steak rolls (30% off)
1 lb. ground pork (marked down to $1.49)
lettuce
Organic baby carrots
sliced mushrooms
1 bag Mission chips
2 bags Pork skins
1 SFWY dark chocolate

Used:
-$10/$50
-$10 LW cat (I had planned on using 2, but found out you can only use one per trans.)
-$.55 Sargento cheese peelie
-2 $1 John Morell peelies
-$6 FF tenderloin markdown
-$1.79 steak markdown
-Tillamook ice cream super coupon
-$1.50 DBL

Final Total: $26.45 for a 68% savings!


Fred Meyer
2 Tillamook cheese
1 can FM pineapple

Total $9.18


I'm kinda bummed that I couldn't use my other LW cat because I was hoping to not have to do anymore grocery shopping for a week. Now it looks like I'll have to make one more run because my last LW cat expires on Monday. I guess if I haven't found any great deals, I'll use it up on milk. It never really goes on sale, and we can always use it :)


Erika

4 comments:

Heather said...

Great job Erika! I went last night to use my $10/50 as well. My cashier let me use both LW Cat's I think it depends on each checker, sorry you couldnt use yours I know how it is when you dont want to go! I have to go to Walgreens today to use some RR's that will expire today, totally dont want to go:-)

Lisa said...

I did the exact same thing as you! I looked at the ad that starts tomorrow and nothing that great, so I went shopping today and used the $10/50. I had one for Albertsons too, so I went over there also. All stocked up for a while and ready to go relax and get my hair cut/colored tomorrow!

*when I take my daughter to dance there is a Fred Meyer on the way, so I'm going to stop for the cheese, pineapple and couple other things!

Pam said...

What a bummer about not being able to use 2 LW cats so you didn't have to go back. I made a run today, too, so I could use a $10/50, do the juice promo & use some other cats that were expiring today (I had almost $30 worth!). I did manage to get $162 worth of groceries (30 bottles of various juices along with meats & produce) for $4.41 OOP...97% savings. I still have 3-$10 LW cats that expire this coming week. Guess I'll just use those for fresh produce/milk.

Saving 4 My Family said...

WOW, Pam! You rock!

Funny how we were all thinking the same thing after seeing this week's ad...

Erika