Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One of This Weeks Recipes

On Monday I posted my menu plan for the week, and I got a few questions about the recipes for some of the meals I have planned. Here is the recipe for Tuesday's meal.


Rice Noodles with Pork (I used tofu tonight because I like it better.)
1 lb. pork tenderloin
8 oz. dried rice noodles
1 c. broccoli
1 red bell pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed
10 scallions, trimmed & cut into 2 in. slices
1-2 fresh red chilies (I used chili paste)
1 1/4 c. coconut milk
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
Salt to taste

For the marinade:
3 Tbsp. light soy sauce
1 Tbsp. rice wine
2 Tbsp. oil
1 inch piece of fresh ginger root

1. Cut your meat into strips. Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl, add meat, stir to coat and let marinate for about 1 hour.

2. Spread out the noodles in a dish and pour hot water to cover and let soak for 20 min. until soft.

3. Roast the red pepper.

4. Drain the meat reserving the marinade. Heat 2 Tbsp. of oil in a large skillet and stir fry the meat. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.

5. Add a little more oil to the pan if necessary and cook the garlic, scallions and chilies for 2-3 minutes. Add the broccoli and pepper and stir-fry for a few more minutes.

6. Stir in the reserved marinade, coconut milk and tomato paste. Simmer gently until the broccoli is nearly tender then add the meat and noodles. Toss over the heat for 3-4 minutes until completely heated through. Serve!


I have made this for years. I've used pork and chicken as well as tofu, and they all work well with this. My daughter loved it tonight. The coconut milk gives the noodles a mild, creamy flavor, and the marinade adds more flavor. You might want to add a little more coconut milk than the recipe calls for. I like a little more sauce.

Erika

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks good. I'm going to give it a try.