Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Shopping

I made a few shopping trips today. First we woke up and realized that we were almost out of milk. We had plans for waffles and mochas, so I made a quick early morning trip to Albertsons.


Albertsons

1 gallon Organic Valley milk - marked down from $6.29 to $3!
2lbs. Tillamook cheese - used $4.99 FM comp. coupon and $1 mfq from 11/23 paper
-$.50 SFWY double

=$6.49


While the kids were napping, I did a little more shopping. First stop, Portland Fruit Co.

PFC
1 bunch lettuce $.99
4lbs. bananas 4lbs/$1 - $1.01
2.13lbs. red grapes $1.29/lb - $2.75
3lbs. yams $.38/lb - $1.14
garlic - $.99
3.44lbs. fuji apples - $.69/lb - $2.37

= $9.25


Next, I stopped at Albertsons to see if they had any Green Giant frozen veggies which are free after coupons this week. Unfortunately, they were out so I had to get a rain check. I did pick up some basmati rice. Totally not on sale! I was hoping to get some frozen veggies, use the Safeway double coupon and use that overage to pay for my rice, but it didn't work out this time.

Erika

1 comment:

Saving 4 My Family said...

Nice job on the shopping trip! I have 1-$1.50 MQ for the Organic Valley Milk and 2 MQ's for Eggs you can have. Next time I see you I will give them to you. What a great deal on the Yams, I wish I had gotten those yesterday. I love seeing what you get.
The rice at Trader Joes is about $2.99 for their Basmati Rice 2lbs.

Christina